The project will widen Elverta Road from two lanes to four lanes from Dutch Haven Blvd to Watt Ave to accommodate increased traffic volumes. The project will also include the replacement of the bridge over Dry Creek.
Other Improvements Include:
- Landscaped medians
- 6 ft wide Class II bike lanes
- Traffic signal improvements at Elverta Road and 28th Street
- Bus and transit improvements
Tentative Project Schedule:
- Preliminary Engineering: Complete
- Final Design: 2019 to 2023
- Right-of-Way Acquisition: 2022 to 2023
- Construction: 2024 to 2025
The estimated total project construction cost is $17,000,000. The bridge replacement is primarily funded by the federal Highway Bridge Program (HBP). The widening portion of the project is funded by developer fees and the State Transportation Improvement Program.
Jenny Singh, Senior Civil Engineer