This project will install Class 2 Bicycle Lanes and pedestrian sidewalks along Florin Road between Franklin Boulevard and Power Inn Road in South Sacramento (District 2). The project will include installation of bike lanes, upgrading existing traffic signals to accommodate bicyclists and pedestrians, update sidewalk ramps to current ADA standards, and install street lighting.
- Improved safety for bicyclists: detection at traffic signals, delineated and signed bike lanes.
- Improved safety for pedestrians: updated pedestrian crossing signals, improved bus stops, and street lighting.
- Improved access for the disabled: ADA compliant sidewalk ramps and signals at street crossings.
- Preliminary Design: 2017 to 2018.
- Environmental Review: 2017 to 2018.
-PERD Control No.: PLER2017 (TBD).
-CEQA Document Release to Public: Summer 2018.
-CEQA Environmental Action at Board of Supervisors Meeting: Fall 2018.
-NEPA Determination: Fall 2018.
- Final Design: 2018 to 2019.
- Right-of-Way Acquisition: 2018 to 2019.
- Construction: 2020.
Estimated construction cost is $2.4 million, with funding provided by the Federal Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) and a local percentage match from the Sacramento County Measure A Sales Tax.
Stan Sorensen, Senior Civil Engineer
Anthony Voo, Associate Civil Engineer