This project will improve bicyclist and pedestrian facilities for three miles along Florin Road between Franklin Boulevard and Power Inn Road in South Sacramento (District 2). The project includes installation of Class 2 bike lanes, upgrading existing traffic signals to accommodate bicyclists and pedestrians, update sidewalk ramps to current ADA standards, and improve bus stops between Franklin Boulevard and Chandler Drive. The project also includes the installation of new street lights between Chandler Drive and Power Inn Road.
Sign up to receive project newsletters and updates by email and text messages!
- Improved safety for bicyclists: detection at traffic signals, delineated and signed bike lanes, and street lighting.
- Improved safety for pedestrians: updated pedestrian crossing signal equipment, improved bus stops, and street lighting.
- Improved access for the disabled: ADA compliant sidewalk ramps and signals at street crossings.
- Preliminary Design: 2017 to 2018.
- Environmental Review: 2018.
-OPER Control No.: PLER 2018-00022.
-CEQA Document Release to Public: Fall 2018.
-CEQA Environmental Action at Board of Supervisors Meeting: Notice of Exemption October 16, 2018.
-NEPA Determination: Categorical Exclusion - October 30, 2018.
- Final Design: 2018 to 2020.
- Right-of-Way Acquisition: 2019 to 2020.
- Construction: 2021.
Estimated construction cost is $2.4 million, with funding provided by the Federal Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP) and a local percentage match from the Sacramento County Measure A Sales Tax.
Stan Sorensen, Senior Civil Engineer
Anthony Voo, Associate Civil Engineer