This project is the second phase to implement a segment of the approved Folsom Boulevard Complete Street Master Plan. This project will improve pedestrian accessibility, bicyclist safety, night visibility, and aesthetics for one mile along the south side of Folsom Boulevard between Starfire Drive and Mayhew Road in Cordova (District 5). The project includes installation of buffered bike lanes, landscaped frontage with decorative street lights, a separated sidewalk, update sidewalk ramps to current ADA standards, and metal rail fencing for separation from the Sacramento Regional Transit Light Rail Tracks.
Sign Up to receive project newsletters and updates by email and text messages!
- Improved safety for bicyclists: delineated 3-foot buffered and signed bike lanes, and street lighting.
- Improved safety for pedestrians: updated pedestrian crossing signal equipment, landscape separated sidewalk, and street lighting.
- Improved access for the disabled: ADA compliant sidewalk ramps and signals at street crossings.
- Preliminary Design: 2022 to 2023.
- Environmental Review: 2022.
- OPER Control No.: PLER 2022-00000.
- CEQA Document Release to Public: TBA
- CEQA Environmental Action at Board of Supervisors Meeting: Mitigated Negative Declaration - TBA
- NEPA Determination: Categorical Exclusion - TBA
- Final Design: 2023.
- Right-of-Way Acquisition: 2023.
- Construction: 2024.
- Estimated construction cost is $5 million.
Spencer Ord, Senior Civil Engineer
Anthony Voo, Associate Civil Engineer