Street use permits are required for movie related productions that occur on unincorporated area roadways. When a Street Permit is used as a Filming or Movie Permit, the following conditions apply:
- The applicant must be referred to the County Department of Finance to obtain a business license prior to applying for the street use permit. For more information, visit Filming in Sacramento.
- The Transportation Department Director should be consulted as to the use of any bridge.
- A structural analysis must be made if the permittee requests any use of a bridge that might involve structural damage.
- If County personnel are needed to assist the filming crew, a deposit and payment for the employee's time is required.
- Public traffic is not allowed in the filming area if risks such as high speed car chases, or road flooding are possible; public safety and protection of the road and bridge system are of foremost importance.
- Advertising filming can be more strictly regulated than regular filming, since it does not have the financial and community benefit of a regular film.
For additional information concerning Movie Permits please contact:
Call 311 or 875-4311 or email Sacco311@custhelp.com