Owner-Developer and/or Encroachment Permits

Property owners may wish to hire a consulting engineer to design a County standard street light system and an electrical contractor to install County standard street lights.  The installation in the County road right of way may be authorized under an encroachment permit or the improvement plan process. The street light installation must meet County standards and must be inspected and accepted by the County. After County acceptance, new street lights will be operated and maintained by the County, and a direct levy for these services will be added to the annual property tax bill. 

Contact Information 

For information on County street light improvement standards and encroachment permits, contact:

Sacramento County
Municipal Services
Site Improvement and Permit Section

827 7th Street, Room 105, Sacramento CA 95814
Phone: 916-874-6544