This Elk Grove - Florin Road (Gerber to Florin) improvement project will replace the existing 2 lane bridge at Elder Creek to accommodate future roadway widening and Elder Creek channel improvements.
Planned roadway improvements include:
- Construction of bridge approach.
- Construction of a 12-foot wide, raised landscaped median.
- Construction of paved shoulders to accommodate bicycle and pedestrian facilities.
- Replacement of the existing 2 lane bridge with a wider bridge to accommodate future developments.
- Preliminary Engineering: 2014 to 2015.
- Design: 2016 to 2017.
- Right-of-Way Acquisition: 2017 to 2018.
- Construction: 2019 to 2020.
Estimated total project costs are $3.5 million and will be provided by federal funds through the Highway Bridge Program (HBP), and local matching funds by Sacramento County.
Keith Gotwalt, Associate Civil Engineer