This Elk Grove - Florin Road (Gerber to Florin) improvement project will replace the existing 2 lane bridge at Elder Creek to accommodate future roadway widening and Elder Creek channel improvements.
Planned roadway improvements include:
- Construction of bridge approach.
- Construction of a 12-foot wide, raised landscaped median.
- Construction of paved shoulders to accommodate bicycle and pedestrian facilities.
- Replacement of the existing 2 lane bridge with a wider bridge to accommodate future developments.
- Preliminary Engineering: 2014 to 2015.
- Design: 2016 to 2017.
- Right-of-Way Acquisition: 2017 to 2018.
- Construction: 2019 to 2020.
The estimated total project cost for the bridge and roadway widening is $14.7 million. The bridge replacement is primarily funded by the federal Highway Bridge Program (HBP). The road widening portion of the project is funded by the Vineyard Fee Program Roadway Fund, the Florin Vineyard Community Plan Fee Program Roadway and Frontage Lane Fund, and the North Vineyard Station Specific Plan Fee Program Roadway Fund.
Keith Gotwalt, Associate Civil Engineer