Subscribe to receive updates
Phase 3 of the Hazel Avenue Project includes improvements from Sunset Avenue to Madison Avenue. Roadway system benefits include:
- Improved roadway safety.
- Increased traffic capacity to ease congestion and delays.
- Improved bicycle and pedestrian facilities.
- Meet Americans with Disability Act requirements.
- Beautification of the project area.
Planned roadway improvements include:
- Widening Hazel Avenue from four to six lanes from Sunset Avenue to Madison Avenue.
- New traffic signals at Phoenix Avenue and the fire station at Roediger Lane and traffic signal modifications at Madison Avenue.
- Installation of a weigh-in motion device for truck traffic enforcement.
- Preliminary Engineering: 2014 to 2016.
- Design: 2014 to 2017.
- Environmental Review: Completed.
- Right-of-Way Acquisition: 2016 to 2018.
John Jaeger, Senior Civil Engineer
County Real Estate